Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Meet Kristen Beairsto and Find Out What She Has To Confess


 

It's my pleasure to bring you Kristen Beairsto today.  Enjoy!
Don't forget her excerpt on Saturday.


Thanks for hosting me today, Leslie Ann. So here goes....

I have a confession to make: I got the idea for Behaving Badly after watching the movie Magic Mike. J What can I say, I love Channing Tatum and watching him for a couple of hours dancing around with his shirt off is not something I'd miss. ;)

I know, I know, inspiration is supposed to come from awe inspiring, life altering moments.

But what can I say; I like music, I like dancing, Channing Tatum and Matthew McConaughey aren’t hard on the eyes, and well, I found it all entertaining. J

When I shared with one of my co-workers how I got the inspiration for my story and told her I enjoyed the movie, she looked at me as though I'd grown a second head and exclaimed, "But that was an awful movie!" Well, ok, it wasn't a shining example of cinematic brilliance. But does everything need to be mind blowing and life altering? Can't something just be fun?

I do have to admit that when it comes to my entertainment, I've definitely gotten to the point where I like things light hearted and easy going. Not that I don't enjoy something that gets me thinking, but to be honest, between my work schedule and how crazy life can get, all I really want is something to take my mind off things with something light hearted.

So I’m curious – how do you prefer your entertainment? The lighter the better? Want something to challenge your mindset? Or is a mixture of the two float your boat? Is there a difference between movies and books?

 
Blurb:  Delaney Pierce is desperate, no, determined, to rebuild the family business, Manners Matter, after the disaster her own mother brought down on it, and her, a year ago. With two crazy aunts living life moving from one misadventure to the next and her younger sister waitressing to help make ends meet because Manners isn't bringing in enough money to sustain them, she pins her hopes on her commission to curb the undesirable habits of Cyrus Chapman, one of New York's premier businessmen and one of the city's most eligible bachelors.

            Cyrus Chapman is less than thrilled to find out his father hired a life coach (whatever the hell a life coach does) of all things to help him cease the behaviors his father finds unfavorable rather than just discussing the manner with him. He’s not really surprised by his father’s heavy handedness, however he isn’t about to comply that easily. But when his father threatens him with his future position as CEO of Chapman Industries, Cyrus has little choice but to agree to the farce. At least, until he can come up with an alternative.

            Delaney’s resolve to succeed with Cyrus is immediately put to the test during her very first meeting with him and she realizes that no matter how much she prepared for all that was Cyrus, it all paled in comparison to the real man. She believes they come to an understanding, even going so far as to agree to act like his girlfriend to hide their arrangement from the press. But when her reputation, along her mother’s antics, get rehashed and dragged through the mud by the press less than twenty-four hours after being hired because of Cyrus’s actions, she’s rethinking her ability to handle the situation.

             When his new life coach aptly puts him in his place, Cyrus finds himself in the unfamiliar position of feeling guilty. And intrigued. Before long, he also finds himself in the unaccustomed position of fighting for more than just a professional relationship with Delaney while she tries to keep him at arm’s length.

         But Delaney can’t entertain the idea of having more than a professional relationship with Cyrus. After all, that’s something her mother would do and she’s not about to start emulating that woman now. However, fighting her attraction to Cyrus becomes harder and harder the more she’s around him and she finds herself wondering if she’s become so wrapped up in trying not to be her mother that she’s forgotten to just to be herself.

Buy Links:

Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Kobo
Smashwords

Bio:

In between her to-be-read pile and trying to bring the characters in her head alive, Kristen spends as much time as she can with family and friends. Much to her husband’s dismay, she enjoys collecting purses, shoes, and jewelry. During those rare times she’s not working at her day job, rushing her daughters somewhere, watching movies with her husband, and trying to meet a deadline, she can usually be found energetically cheering for one of her favorite New York sports teams.

As with just about every other writer on the planet, Kristen grew up an avid reader. She started with young adult before she technically hit the age range and moved on to sci-fi classics by Isaac Asimov and Ray Bradbury. At fifteen, her best friend gave her a book she just had to read! The book was Honest Illusions by Nora Roberts. Always a sucker for a happy ending, she was a goner and fell in love with the romance genre. Having started writing novel length stories at the age of eleven, Kristen’s stories all took a romantic turn from that point on.

Find Kristen:

Website,
Facebook
Twitter





4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for having me!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice interview, Kristen!!

    New York teams? I'll bet you're not a Buffalo Bills' fan--LOL! I'll admit they're my favorite, along with the Sabres and Yankees.

    I love Jane Austen, so that ought to tell you what kind of reading I prefer--fun with a twist of romance--precisely as your Behaving Badly sounds.

    I wish you the very best in your journey with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much, Lisa! LOL! No, the Bills aren't in the mix, I'm a Giants fan when it comes to football. :) Austen is my favorite, so I know exactly the kind of reading you love. I love it too! Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristen,
    I'm so glad you're with us this week. I can't wait until your excerpt tomorrow!!
    ~LA
    PS, I love all your covers. Great.

    ReplyDelete