Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Take Five With Author Sydney Holmes



Today we get to meet Sydney Holmes & Her Three Part Romantic Suspense Series

Welcome to An Indie Adventure, Sydney. Tell us, what inspired you to write your book Escape?

Thanks for having me as your guest today, L.A.

After writing Awakening, I wanted to write romantic suspense. I love the added element of mystery in a love story. It’s never a good time to fall in love when you’re running for your life or protecting secrets, but you can’t stop love can you? Escape has lots of hot scenes as well as a compelling mystery. I love that combination in a book. I also had fun creating a suspenseful ending for each book. One of my all time favorite scenes is in Escape Two – I get goose bumps every time I read it.

Have you been a lifelong reader of fiction?  What are some the first books you remember reading?

I started with the Laura Ingalls Wilder books, moved straight to VC Andrews and then Toni Morrison. I love fiction – women’s literature, mysteries, romance, thrillers, hot  hot hot books – those are fun! I came to romance late and just fell in love with the genre. Now I read a lot of romance –the sexier the better!

What do you do to rev your creative juices?

I listen to music, run, or just go hang out at the beach. I also seem to get a lot of great ideas while traveling. Last year while in Rome, my husband and I mapped out an entire book we hope to write together one day. Running is a great way to clear my head and work out road blocks (which I guess makes sense-given that most of the running I do is on roads), but often the magic happens when I’m on trips. I get these great “BOOB”s while traveling. (That’s what I call, “Bolts Out Of the Blue”) Sometimes I even get full books delivered to me that way. The key is writing them down before they float away.

What would be your advice to people who are considering a writing career?

Don’t listen to the monkey on your shoulder telling you, you have something else you need to be doing. I used to write in the car while parked on a quiet street so I wouldn’t be tempted to clean the house or do laundry. That monkey can also be evil and tell you that everything your doing is so bad it’s a joke – just don’t listen to him – he’s wrong. And, read everything you can. When I wanted to write mysteries, I read about 50 of them with a writer’s eye to get a feel for the genre. I’ve read hundreds of romances – they never get old.  Read, read, read!!

You’re having a dinner party.  What character from your novel do you hope doesn’t show up?     

Colt MacCabe  Why? Colt is a spineless waste of oxygen. Apparently he was a great lover, but has no backbone, no ability to stand up for anything he believes in. I hate people like that. I’d rather meet a person and argue with him all night about pointless topics than meet a person who is void of opinion. Colt tries, bless his heart, but it’s just not in him.

Give us a brief summary of Escape
Escape is a three part romantic suspense series.

Escape Part One:
SOME SECRETS SHOULD NEVER BE SHARED
      When beautiful and mysterious Rowan Baker moves in upstairs from Shane Adams, he is instantly captivated. With every encounter he becomes more intrigued, but as an experienced Private Investigator, he can’t shake the suspicion that Rowan is holding on to some big secrets.
     Rowan has been on the run for years and she’s good at keeping her distance from people. But there’s something about Shane that’s completely tantalizing. Soon, her life becomes more complicated than she ever expected, making her secrets harder and harder to keep. The closer she gets to Shane, the more she fears that he won’t accept her if he learns the truth of her past. 
     When she is forced to let go of one of her secrets, will Shane stay, or will Rowan push him so far away he can’t make his way back?


ESCAPE Part Two:
SECRETS CAN DESTROY LOVE
Just when Rowan is finally feeling cherished enough to admit her feelings for Shane, she’s forced to reveal one of her secrets. Now she’s running scared, and he’s left wondering what else she’s hiding. When a couple, who seems to have secrets of their own, hire his firm to find their missing sister, all of their lives get even more complicated.    
Struggling to save herself and her family from her past, Rowan faces the possibility of losing the new life she’s finally built, with a man she may love. But Shane won’t give up without a fight: a fight to stay in her life, uncover her secrets, and protect her.
Torn between fear and trust, will she succumb to her past and let it swallow her whole, or will she open up to Shane and let him help her?

ESCAPE Part Three:
EVERYONE HAS A BREAKING POINT. WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF YOU FOUND YOURS? 
The worst of Shane’s fears have been realized. Just when he thought they could finally settle down and figure out what this undeniable attraction between them means, Rowan has vanished. Is she running from her future, or has her past finally caught up with her?
With nothing but an empty apartment to guide him, Shane is left wondering if she even wants to be found. But now, he is a man with a mission; he’ll have to muster all of his resources, use all of his skills and experience to solve the most important mystery of his life. Where is Rowan, and is it too late to save her? Does she even want to be saved, or is a hero the last thing she needs?

Buy Links: 
Escape Part Three Coming soon

Bio: Sydney Holmes writes contemporary romance with an erotic flair, or as she likes to say, “Hot and spicy romance that keeps you up at night!” She believes there is nothing more exciting than reading a hot, sexy tale about two people searching for themselves and getting lost in each other. Sydney is married with two children and has an amazing husband. She graduated from The George Washington University with a BS in Political Science and holds a Master’s Degree in Education. She lives near the ocean in California and travels as often as she can.

Social Media Links: 


No comments:

Post a Comment