Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Five Secrets From Multi-published Inspirational Author Amanda Cabot

Today I'm honored to bring you five secrets from multi-published author Amanda Cabot. I've got to tell you, it's always a pleasure to have Amanda here.  

Hi, Amanda, please tell us Five Secrets we may not know about The Rails to Love Romance Collection or you, but will after today!

Thanks for having me, L.A.  Who would have thought that a woman who majored in French would wind up with a career in Information Technology that demanded 60- to 80-hour work weeks and turned her into a frequent flyer? Who would have thought that the same woman would become a romance writer?  Who would have thought that a dear friend’s death would change her writing career from the secular to the inspirational market?  This is one of those cases where truth is stranger than fiction, because I’m that woman.  

1) Many novella collections are the result of an editor choosing a concept, then sending a “call-out” for stories.  This one was different.  My agent assembled the authors and presented all nine stories as part of a packaged deal.

2) The idea of a railroad theme was Kim Vogel Sawyer’s.  I loved it for a couple reasons, one of which being that I knew we’d get some wonderful cover art.  We did.

3) The first version of the cover had a number on the front of the train.  There was only one problem: it was a mirror image.  Thanks to the wonders of photo editing software, the number is gone.

4) Although my story, “The Depot Bride,” includes actual events from the construction of the Union Pacific railroad depot in Cheyenne, the basic concept – a commemorative book – is fictional.

5) Readers who’ve read my first two Cheyenne-set novellas will recognize some familiar characters in this one.

Blurb:
Can a cattle baron's daughter who's practically betrothed to another man and a struggling writer who fears he has nothing to offer her find happiness as they create a commemorative book to celebrate the creation of the new Union Pacific depot in Cheyenne?

Journey the Transcontinental Railroad along with nine unlikely couples who encounter all the dangers and disappointments of traveling the rails in the late 1800s. From sight-seeing excursions to transports toward new lives, from orphan trains to circus trains, can romances develop into blazing love in a world of cold, hard steel?

Buy Links: 
Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Christian Book Distributors

Find Amanda:
Website | Facebook | Twitter | Blog



7 comments:

  1. Hi Amanda, I'm so pleased you're with us again. This collection sounds wonderful for so many reasons, including the other eight authors :) Can't wait to get my copy.
    Hugs, L.A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LA -- Thanks so much for inviting me back. The early reviews of this collection have been positive, in part because the nine stories are all so different. No same-old, same-old here. I call these collections a smorgasbord, a chance to sample some new things or, in this case, authors. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that I now know 5 things I didn't know before about Amanda and her work. I'm sure the collaboration will be a big hit. I can think of someone right now who would love to get this book. I think it will be under her Christmas tree. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is little from the Old West that captures so fully the spirit and romance of the human struggle than the Iron Horse. What a wonderful offering for the upcoming holidays. And from such a talented collection of authors. I'm rooting for the struggling writer to win out already. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amanda, I've always loved trains. What a great idea for a collection. I'm looking forward to some entertaining reads!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The history of the railroad building in Wyoming has always fascinated me. As a child when lambs were ready to ship to market, my father ordered a boxcar sent to Dwyer so we could load. Today the spur is gone and I'm sure no one can order a box car to pick up lambs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. To understand how depth a love can be you must read this book. thanks Author for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete