Eruption is available as a preorder--.99 cents and .99 cents until 9/27 - releases 9/13 Amazon
Today we learn 5 Secrets from author J. Hughey!
Bio: J. Hughey knows what a girl wants. Independence. One or two no-matter-what-happens friends. A smokin’ hot romance. A basic understanding of geological concepts. Huh? Okay, maybe not every girl is into geology, but J. Hughey is, and in the Yellowblown series she combines her passion for a timeless love story with her interest in geeky stuff to help Violet Perch get a life, despite an ongoing global catastrophe. J. Hughey is the alter-ego of historical romance author Jill Hughey.
Hi J., please tell us Five Secrets we may not know about Eruption, but will after today!
1) I originally didn’t intend Eruption to be categorized as a romance. I wanted Violet Perch’s relationship with her freshman crush to be important, but not the driving thread. My editor thought I needed to more strongly pick a genre, and since romance is my favorite thing to read and write, it was natural to lean the story a little more heavily in that direction, though Violet’s best friend and family are also important keystones in the series.
2) At first, Violet’s home was set in Pennsylvania. I soon decided to move her west to Indiana to heighten the impacts of a Yellowstone eruption. In a similar vein, Boone Ramer, Violet’s love interest, was going to be a Texan. I realized he also needed to be closer to the action, so I brought him north to Nebraska. I’ve really enjoyed creating this down-to-earth cattle rancher.
3) I’ve actually trademarked the term “Yellowblown.” I guess that isn’t truly a secret since it was published in some national register somewhere, but I haven’t exactly publicized it.
4) I wrote some really cool scenes from the points of view of people across the U.S. as a means to show what is happening across the nation during the eruption. The editor hated them, hated the interruption of flow between chapters. So, after much gnashing of teeth, I pulled them — the scenes, not my teeth. The first deleted scene is actually on my website as an intro to the story.
5) My husband likes Eruption. I know you’re thinking, “Of course your husband likes your book!” But, he hasn’t even read most of my historical romances, so I can honestly say he doesn’t just humor me where my writing is concerned.
Blurb : With Violet’s perfect college semester underway, obviously the Yellowstone caldera will erupt for the first time in 630,000 years.
Violet Perch savors every minute with her best friend roomie and a freshman crush showing signs of becoming a sophomore boyfriend. When devastation in the west combines with the volcano’s ash to muck up the works all over North America, her deny-deny-deny strategy does the trick…until college closes and the hot guy gives her a ride home.
Buy Links: Eruption will be available on September 13! Amazon
Find J. Hughey at: