Friday, September 14, 2018

Scrivener ~ My Choice For Writing Software


Today I formally introduce my partnership with Scrivener.  I've been using this program on Window for years, and while I've been a partner of Scrivener for some time, it's time to blow Scrivener's horn. 


Grow Your Manuscript Your Way 
At Scrivener’s heart is a simple but powerful ring-binder metaphor that allows you to write, research and arrange long documents by breaking them into smaller sections. Each section is integrated into a project outline, meaning that you can step back and work with an overview, and restructuring is as easy as drag and drop. Your research is always within reach, because Scrivener allows you to import almost any kind of file and view it right alongside whatever you’re writing. Scrivener is fundamentally about getting words onto the page, though, so its familiar editor and formatting features ensure that writers feel right at home.

And when you’re ready to share your work, you can export to Word or create beautiful-looking ebooks and PDF files.


This is exactly the reason I use this program. Everything I need is in one place. And I can add templates, thus I can design Scrivener to meet my needs.

About Scrivener
Tailor-made for long writing projects, Scrivener provides everything need to craft your first draft. Used by best-selling novelists, screenwriters, lawyers, students, journalists and more, Scrivener brings together tools familiar to writers everywhere in new and exciting ways. 

Note, they said screenwriters. Yes, you can properly format your screenplay in Scrivener.

And there is an iOS app available so you can write on your iPad or iPhone! Which I do, AND I can also write on my notebook or PC, I use Dropbox to host my files and save/sync each time I'm done so I can use whichever computer, iOS device works for me. 

⭐For Mac users, there is a new version 3 available and if you have a prior version you can simply upgrade for a fee.

⭐For Windows users, there is a new version is in the works, hopefully out in 2018.

And you can download a free trial on their main page.  Frankly, I find that you really need to explore and use it, but it's available nonetheless.

I'm honored to be a Scrivener Partner.  ~ L.A.









Full disclosure. I do receive a small commission if you purchase from any of my partner links on the right sidebar or in the footer. 









2 comments:

  1. I love using Scrivener, it's the only writing program that will help me organize my writing bits the way I need them. I can't wait for version 3 for Windows. Each time they upgrade, they truly make it better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a really great contest and hopefully I can attend the next one. It was alot of fun and I really enjoyed myself.. read

    ReplyDelete