Thursday, August 11, 2016

Take Five and Meet Author Iris Blobel


It's always a pleasure to host a prior guest. Especially one that lives down under :)

Welcome back to An Indie Adventure, Iris. Tell us, what inspired you to write your book NEW BEGINNINGS?

Hi, LA, it's been awhile and I'm so pleased to make a return visit, thank you. The story is set in Hobart, the capital of Tasmania, the most southern state in here in Australia. I visited Hobart a few years ago and imagined how it would be to live in this city, how to adapt as a “non-local”, and bit by bit I wrote the story of two sisters moving there, inheriting a house from a stranger. Of course, I added a little bit of romance to the story – that’s where Mark and Zach come in.

This is the second edition of New Beginnings, which is a little sexier than the first. It’s also the first book in the Beginnings series.

How do you use setting to further your story?

IMPORTANT. If the setting isn’t right, the story won’t flow. That’s why most of my stories are set at the beach or places I’ve travelled to.

Fresh Beginnings, book three in the Beginnings series, is set in the U.S. I used our itinerary as the setting for a couple to travel the same route in the motorhome as we did. So much fun to write. I’m currently doing something similar with a story in New Zealand.

How do you construct your characters?

I honestly don’t. Usually I come up with a story, make some notes, and write a small outline. As soon as I get to chapter three or four, my characters hijack the story and wonder off to their own little world. But I like it that way.

How is your main character completely different than you?

Oh, I most certainly hope they are! I’m sure they have something of me in them, or at least something I would’ve liked to have been in my twenties / thirties. I try for my female characters to be strong and determined, but likeable at the same time. I like characters with flaws, because we all have them.

Tell us something about yourself we might not expect!

Tricky one … revealing my most inner secret :) I love romance books, but I’m not much into romantic movies?


Give us a brief summary of NEW BEGINNINGS:

Twenty-two-year-old Sophie Levesque has been guardian to her eight-year-old sister Mia since their mother’s death a few years ago, and it hasn’t been easy. Luck comes their way when they inherit a small house in Hobart. Problem is, though, they don’t know and have never heard of Clara Bellinger, the testator. Settling into their new life, Sophie is still afraid it’s all a mistake.

Mark O’Connor, attorney in Hobart and the bearer of the good news for Sophie and Mia, curses himself for the lack of information about the testator. However, researching the questions gives him an opportunity to see Sophie again, and the more time he spends with the two, the more he realises that his life is missing something. And it’s not his casual lover Linda.

But then there’s Zach, Sophie’s sexy neighbour from across the road… and a very good friend of Clara’s.

Will unravelling the mystery unravel Sophie and Mark’s promise of a future?
Buy Links:
AMAZON US  | AMAZON UK | AMAZON AU

Bio:
Iris Blobel was born and raised in Germany and only immigrated to Australia in the late 1990s. Having had the travel bug most of her life, Iris spent quite some time living in Scotland, London as well as Canada where she met her husband. Her love for putting her stories onto paper has only emerged recently, but now her laptop is a constant companion.

Iris resides west of Melbourne with her husband and her two beautiful daughters.

Next to her job at a private school, she also presents a German Program at the local Community Radio.

Find Iris:
Click here to subscribe to Iris’ Newsletter | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads | Instagram




1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Leslie Anna, for the interview. Really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete