Today we meet Lynn Crain, one of six authors in this anthology that spans the decades...but hey, I'll let Lynn tell you about it, and her part in it.
Award-winning author Lynn Crain has done it all in her life. From nursing to geology, her life experiences have added to her detail-rich stories. She loves writing full time, weaving contemporary, fantasy, futuristic and paranormal tales, tame to erotic, for various publishers. Her home is in the desert southwest, and she’s just returned from her latest adventure of living in Vienna, Austria while her husband worked his dream job. She loves hearing from her readers.
1) Every story is set in Las Vegas, Nevada. We each got a decade where you could prove love was alive and well in Las Vegas!
2) Since I grew up in the Las Vegas area and graduated high school in the mid-1970s, I was really jazzed that my decade turned out to be 1970. I was sweating it for a while there…LOL!
3) One of the things that really made an impact on me while I was growing up was the Vietnam War. Many of the boys just a little older than me, were sent away and never came back. It’s one of the main reasons my heroine became a nurse in that war.
4) The place where I have the heroine living in my story, Hooked on a Feeling, in the Decades of Love anthology is someplace I drove by frequently while I was in college in Las Vegas. We all thought it exotic since it was protected by a large wall and we knew many entertainers lived there. It wasn’t until I was researching this story, that I really understood just how unique an area it was.
5) It was quite commonplace in the 1970s and before for people to carry guns around. It took a long time to clean up the wild west town that Vegas originally was, so it’s easy to imagine why the mob could come in so easily. Still, being a product of that time, I have said the town was cleaner and nicer when the mob was in control. It was only in the later years when mob management lost control that it became the wild west again. Yes, many of the things in Casino are true.
Love hits the jackpot in these six seductive tales, each set in a different decade in the hottest, wildest, most sinful of cities - Las Vegas.
In Elizabeth Spaur’s Miss Atomic Bomb, a beauty pageant brings a cowboy and city girl together.
A desperate singer finds new hope with a not-so-jaded casino owner in B.A. McIntosh’s Home at Last.
In Lynn Crain’s, Hooked on a Feeling, two Vietnam vets get a second chance at love while facing enemies at home.
A rodeo star falls hard for a showgirl in Diane Deeds' Total Eclipse of the Heart.
In Kay Phoenix’s An Unexpected Knight, a hero on a mighty steed captures the heroine’s heart.
A good girl learns that being bad can be very, very good in Tami Cowden’s It Happened One Vegas Night.
Mobsters and G-men, cowboys and showgirls, singers and dancers, and even a knight in shining armor all find that Sin City is not just a place to have fun – but also a great place to fall in love.
Social Media For The Anthology: