A little bit about Alanna before she shares her secrets: Thanks for having me as a guest, L.A.
Hi! I’m Alanna Lucas and I write historical romance. Although I didn’t start writing (at least fun stuff like romance!) until I was an adult, I would make up bedtime stories for myself every evening as a child. Fast forward many years, a couple of career changes, and two kids later, I put pen to paper and wrote my first romance novel (which is tucked under the virtual bed kept company by virtual dust bunnies). Only A Hero Will Do is my 11th book!
Welcome, Alanna, please tell us Five Secrets we may not know about Only A Hero Will Do or you, but will after today!
1) It’s no secret that Only A Hero Will Do is one of nine books- by nine different authors- in The Heart of a Hero series, but do you know which superhero inspired the hero in my story? I’ll give you a hint- carries a shield and was frozen for 70 years. The research was really tough ;-)
2) When I was five years old I went to a taping of the TV show Happy Days and got a kiss on the cheek from the Fonz! My first kiss :-)
3) I can count on one hand how many guys I’ve dated. I started dating my husband shortly after my 17th birthday and was/still am absolutely smitten.
4) Although I normally write historical romance, an idea for a contemporary romance kept pestering me. So, earlier this year, I gave into the Tessa and Rex, and wrote their story in a month.
5) I am terrible with names! Before I was published I tried a pen name, but I couldn’t remember it! To keep names straight while writing, I have a cheat sheet with all the names (from dukes to servants, horses to dogs, and even estate names) I’ve ever used. Sometimes that doesn’t even help and I find myself combining two previously used names ;-)
Defender of the realm…and his wary heart…
Captain Grant Alexander is an enigma in London society. Dashing and handsome, he coldly eschews marriage. But the ton knows nothing of his role in the Legion: to bring Typhon, the traitor who seeks to destroy the British monarchy, to justice.
When Grant is thrown together with fellow Legion member Elizabeth Atwell, he’s instantly beguiled yet exasperated by this beautiful viscount’s daughter. She has little interest in combing the marriage mart for a well-bred, well-heeled husband, but is adept at code-breaking and handling a bow and arrow. She also refuses to do as she is told, insisting she accompany Grant on his mission.
As Typhon continues to evade capture and dark forces are at work, Grant realizes he must act, not only to protect the realm but Elizabeth too…not to mention his heart, which is in danger of thawing every time she comes close.
Website | Facebook | Amazon Author Page