Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Five Secrets Shared By Author Kate McKeever


From Kate McKeever

Thanks, L.A, for hosting me today. 

One of the options for L.A. Sartor’s blog is to let readers into five secrets of your book. Here are mine for my books in the Elle James’ Brotherhood Protectors’ World.

Secret One- I LOVE military heroes, but not the typical kind. The military heroes for me are the guys that walk down the street and get a turn around from me and my friends, but not from his physique, though, in my books they are always buff, but his assurance. He walks with confidence, not bravado. He doesn’t need to be a tough guy all the time to show he’s strong, but can cry too. My hero in Sinner’s Redemption, Cole, is that kind of man. Oh, and my heroes typically are men that joined the military to get away from something.

Secret Two- My heroes all are wounded warriors. All right, it’s not necessarily a secret in my upcoming book, Saint’s Fall. Saint has an amputation from an injury on a mission. But my heroes in Sinner’s Redemption and Saving Sidewinder are also wounded. For every man who has to take a life, there is a wound inside that he has to deal with. And my heroes never take their histories as warriors as something easy.

Secret Three- My heroines are also strong. While the heroines may be wounded or scared, they are also willing to take risks for the ones they love, whether it’s a child, a wounded man or the man she loves.

Secret Four- All of my books have secondary characters who will have stories of their own. For instance, Cole was a secondary character in my first book, Saving Sidewinder. He was the hero for my second Brotherhood book, Sinner’s Redemption. And Saint, the hero of my upcoming book, was introduced in Sinner’s book. So, look for more stories to come!

Secret Five- I have a young man, Kid, whose story is going to be threaded throughout all of my books. While I don’t write young adult, Kid is a young man on the rehab ranch that is just hitting twenty years of age. While he may not have a book, he’ll still have a happily ever after!

I hope you’ve been entertained by and maybe even intrigued by my Five Secrets. I’ve totally loved writing the books in the Brotherhood Protectors Series and look forward to writing more. Look for Saint’s Fall in June. Here are links to my other Brotherhood Protector Books:

Saving Sidewinder:
















Sinner’s Redemption: 

Bio:
Kate McKeever was born and raised in the south and spent her childhood rambling in the woods and reading, often at the same time. She spent a lot of time in libraries as a volunteer and reader, then as a perennial student, so her mother thought. She tried several careers before settling down on her current one. Writing is a passion and joy. Kate loves to write small town and paranormal romances.

Find Kate: 





1 comment:

  1. Welcome, Kate. Glad to have you here. I was so intrigued with your books and had to go to your Amazon page. Wow. So I encourage all of the blog’s readers to check it out.
    Hugs, L.A.

    ReplyDelete