Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Five Secrets Revealed by Author Kayelle Allen


Science Fiction author Kayelle Allen met her husband while they were both on active duty in the Navy. She told her big sister she wasn't serious about him. He was serious about her, though, and he won her heart. They've been married 45 years.

Hi, Kayelle, please tell us Five Secrets we may not know about you, but will after today!

1)  I was born in Idaho but lived there only six months. My family moved a lot when I was growing up, so I was never in one place very long. In one year, I went to five different schools. Since moving to Georgia, I've stayed in one place for about 30 years and I love the feeling of permanence.

2)  I've flown over the Grand Canyon, but have never actually been to it. What I saw from the air was majestic and beautiful. Even getting a mere glimpse was awe inspiring. I want to see it in person one day.

3)  As a kid, I was fascinated by astronomy. My parents bought me a small telescope and I used it every chance I got. We lived in Nevada when I was a young teen, where the sky is cloudless and clear at night. I fell in love with the various planets and stars. Today, I write Science Fiction and Fantasy. For me, it's a dream come true to research a topic I've loved since childhood.

4)  I take things literally and I mean that "literally." I think that's why I like puns. It's a different way to look at a word. But that tendency toward seeing things literally can be a drawback. For example, I've been binge-watching Suits, and it took me until season 4 to realize the name Suits referred to lawsuits and not clothing. After all, what's the common term for a guy who works in an office? We say "he's a suit" and this show is all about that kind of guy. It was a lightbulb moment when that hit me. I felt like a dork, but what can you do?

5)  I love art and have always had art in my home. Part of that is because my mother was an artist. She loved to draw in charcoal, pencil, and pastels. She also used watercolors and oil paints. My husband is artistic too, and my oldest son is a graphic designer. 

Jamin created a major part of the art on my website and collaborated with me on an illustrated book. These days, I've been working with an artist named Nano-Core, a Sci Fi and Fantasy artist who is known as a digital weaponsmith. He designed an entire combat uniform and weapons for my character Pietas, from my Bringer of Chaos series. The cosplayer Nik Nitsvetov is bringing those designs to life and will perform as Pietas later this summer, wearing those designs and carrying those weapons.


Blurb:
Bringer of Chaos: Origin of Pietas

Exiled to a barren world with only a human named Six for company, the immortal Pietas demands the mortal serve him. When Six refuses and insists they are equals, Pietas is outraged. How dare a mortal refuse anything he requests?

When he needs Six's support to find and join his people, Pietas must learn to humble himself and ask for help--politely-- and even more outrageous--request forgiveness. From a human.

For without aid, the immortal king might spend eternity alone, never finding the people he has already died over a thousand times to save.

Buy

Find Kayelle: 






3 comments:

  1. Wow you made my simple words look elegant on this page. Thank you so much for having me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete