Today I'm honored to bring you five secrets from multi-published author Amanda Cabot. I've got to tell you, it's always a pleasure to have Amanda here.
Hi, Amanda, please tell us Five Secrets we may not know about The Rails to Love Romance Collection or you, but will after today!
1) Many novella collections are the result of an editor choosing a concept, then sending a “call-out” for stories. This one was different. My agent assembled the authors and presented all nine stories as part of a packaged deal.
2) The idea of a railroad theme was Kim Vogel Sawyer’s. I loved it for a couple reasons, one of which being that I knew we’d get some wonderful cover art. We did.
3) The first version of the cover had a number on the front of the train. There was only one problem: it was a mirror image. Thanks to the wonders of photo editing software, the number is gone.
4) Although my story, “The Depot Bride,” includes actual events from the construction of the Union Pacific railroad depot in Cheyenne, the basic concept – a commemorative book – is fictional.
5) Readers who’ve read my first two Cheyenne-set novellas will recognize some familiar characters in this one.
Can a cattle baron's daughter who's practically betrothed to another man and a struggling writer who fears he has nothing to offer her find happiness as they create a commemorative book to celebrate the creation of the new Union Pacific depot in Cheyenne?
Journey the Transcontinental Railroad along with nine unlikely couples who encounter all the dangers and disappointments of traveling the rails in the late 1800s. From sight-seeing excursions to transports toward new lives, from orphan trains to circus trains, can romances develop into blazing love in a world of cold, hard steel?
Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Christian Book Distributors
Website | Facebook | Twitter | Blog