Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Five Secrets Shared By Author Linda O'Connor

Please welcome back Linda O'Connor. 
Take it away, Linda.

Thanks for having me as a return guest, L.A. 

I used to fuel my creativity by heading over to Homesense (a lot) and wander around the store soaking up all the colour and pattern. When I caught myself subtly rearranging the displays, I thought, okay, I need a change. It was time to find another creative outlet. I’m a family physician, and after years of working in an Urgent Care Clinic, it became obvious that patients are like sponges when it comes to health information – the more they learn, understand, and absorb, the happier they are and the better the outcome. 

Surely medical education could be more interesting than the boring posters in the waiting room! I started writing fast-paced, sexy romantic comedies, weaving the best parts of medicine into the story. I decided to target a female audience because women are more likely to have regular visits and most often, are the driving force behind men and children visiting a doctor, too. 

Turns out, writing romance novels is really fun (and even though I’m sure the display designers at Homesense miss my input, just think of all the money I’ve saved!)

Hi, Linda, please tell us Five Secrets we may not know about the In the Game Hockey Romance series or you, but will after today!

1) Sarah Jain, the heroine from Between the Pipes prefers knowing the ending of a movie before it starts. I have to admit I’m the same, and I peek at the ending of really suspenseful novels, too. Bring on those spoiler alerts.

2) Sarah’s best friend, Danni Angelo, is the heroine in Behind the Bench. She’s fanatic about the hockey players not sharing their water bottles. I’m with her on that and it’s not just drinks I won’t share. In our household, we each have our own toothbrush holder and tube of toothpaste. If a guest uses our toothpaste, I’ll send it home with them or throw it out and start a fresh one. Wasteful maybe, but staying healthy is the name of the game.

3) The stars of Beyond the Face-Off, Kelly Danali and Jake Ross, wanted to move into together after only three chapters. Kelly was offering Jake a safe haven from all the media attention he was garnering. It gave new meaning to a fast-paced story! I had to rein them in and re-write a few chapters.

4) Jordyn Kendra, of Before the Whistle fame, has a “spirited” aunt. She’s a guardian angel who gives Kelly a gentle nudge with her love life. I believe that our loved ones are always watching and guiding us – and I’ll always accept a helping hand.  

5) Behind the Bench is my favourite book of the series. But shhhh…don’t tell the other books. I don’t want to hurt their feelings. :D

Blurb for Behind the Bench:
Dr. Danni Angelo is the team physician for the Clarington Quakes hockey team. She’s worked hard to earn the players’ respect, but the new coach, Trey Mason, is stirring things up, and Danni’s worried her job may be in jeopardy.

Trey finds Danni…distracting. Beauty, brains, and sexy moves on the ice have him uncomfortably attracted. He’s the new guy on the block. He has a reputation to build and a standard to set. The last thing he needs is a complication.

When the team spirals out of control and Danni and Trey get caught up in a drug scandal, things heat up on and off the ice. It’s a whole new game plan…Behind the Bench.

Buy:
  
Find Linda: 



2 comments:

  1. Hi Linda, thanks for being with us again. I need to go grab your series, but before I let you go, how did you handle all the research into the sports?
    Hugs, L.A.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for having me -it's always a ton of fun! I have 3 sons and they all played hockey - one at a fairly high level - so I've spent a lot of time at arenas. There wasn't much research involved. :D

      Delete