Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Five Secrets Shared by Author Sara Beth Williams

Five Secrets From Sara Beth Wiliams
If you could describe me with one word, it would be CREATIVE. I love to be creative. I love to paint, draw, sing, build things, design/organize interior rooms and outdoor spaces. I’m not especially great at any of those, but I have always been especially great with words. So, I use words to create. 
Hi, Sara Beth, please tell us Five Secrets we may not know about A Worthy Heart or you, but will after today! 
1)  A Worthy Heart was not easy to write. Whereas my first book flowed like water from my fingers, this one challenged me on all levels. It took patience, practice, determination and the willingness to be flexible. I had to use every single piece of writing knowledge I’d picked up while working on my first novel and I am hoping it pays off. 
2) People who know me in real life know that I am an extrovert. That’s not all that surprising. What is surprising is my need for downtime by myself. Or what some people refer to as ambivert. The mesh of introvert and extrovert characteristics. I still love to be around people, but I also love being alone a lot more than I ever did when I was a kid.

3) A Worthy Heart features Serena Hayes, a biracial female lead character with an African American father and a Caucasian mother. That was not done on purpose to fulfill some call or quota for more diverse books. Serena’s background was developed purely based on my own experiences. My husband and his sister are both biracial, and yes, they’re both incredibly tan. (you’ll have to read the book to get that reference) It’s not fair really how well they tan. If only…

4) While I show Serena journeying out of an abusive relationship, I have never experienced what she goes through. However, I know friends, and family members, who have experienced abuse in relationships to varying degrees. The more entrenched I became in writing, and further developing Serena’s back story, the more I began to realize how many people close to me have suffered. I think the internet gets bogged down with horror stories, or depressing depictions of abuse, and yes they’re out there, but this book is for all of your success stories! 
5) Let’s do something else about me… I mentioned I love to create. Right out of high school, I discovered an obscure job posting – someone was hiring and offering to train balloon twisters. So, I learned how to balloon twist, and I absolutely love it. I entertained in restaurants for a couple of years, then after I went to college, and married, I ran my own business and entertained at birthday parties for another couple of years. It was a blast, and if I ever have a larger space, more time, and more money to put into running my own business, I’d pick it up again.
Blurb:
Joel Bennett has always known Serena Hayes as his sister’s gregarious best friend. In the three years since Lacey began college, Serena became a regular houseguest, but lately, she’s absent more than not. When Joel discovers she’s in an abusive relationship, protectiveness from within roars to life. 

With only a part-time job to support her and nowhere to go, Serena fears leaving her current relationship would jeopardize her chances of graduating college. After a brutal attack leaves her no choice, she courageously moves out.
On her journey toward regaining confidence, self-worth, and independence, Joel falls in beside her, encouraging her. The way he emulates Godly love and compassion draws her close—not just to him, but to the God who can satisfy her longing for love better than any man,

Attraction sizzles between them, but events from their pasts cast shadows of doubt. 
When the unthinkable happens, can Serena open her heart to a second chance at love, or is she destined to be alone?

Buy:
Amazon

Find Sara Beth:
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Goodreads | BookBub




Also, When Hearts Collide is available now. 
Amazon












No comments:

Post a Comment